A look back at the top 10 football teams in the state.
(1) Michigan Wolverines: This was the first Michigan team to win a national championship, winning the title in 1949.
Since then, Michigan has had a long and storied football tradition, including three Heisman winners, four Heisman winners in the last 10 years, and two national titles.
In 2018, the Wolverines won their first Big Ten title, but were knocked out in the second round of the playoffs by Indiana.
Michigan’s football tradition has continued with the formation of the Michigan State Spartans.
(2) Tennessee Volunteers: This Tennessee team has had success at the state level since the beginning.
Tennessee was named one of the top programs in the country by ESPN in 2003.
Tennessee has been part of the national football landscape for years and is known for being a perennial contender.
This Tennessee squad is known as one of college football’s best, with several national titles and a Big Ten championship.
Tennessee is one of three SEC teams that will face the Ohio State Buckeyes this year.
(3) Texas A&M Aggies: Texas A & M is known throughout the state for being one of America’s top programs, and the Aggies won the 2018 SEC championship with an undefeated season.
The Aggies are a part of one of North Texas’ oldest sports traditions, the Red River Rivalry, which dates back to 1855.
The Red River was the site of the first race in Texas, and it is believed the first person to race across it was George Houston.
Texas A A& M is one the schools most well-known traditions.
(4) Wisconsin Badgers: This is the only other Big Ten program that won a national title since 1999.
This Badgers football team has a great history, as they have been part the Big Ten for decades.
They were ranked number one in the AP poll from 1999-2006, and finished in the top 20 in the polls in 2010-2013.
This team is known around the state as one that is ready to win.
(5) Michigan State Wolverines (2016): This is one program that has been around for decades, and is famous for its tradition.
Michigan State has won four national championships, three of which came in the 1990s and 2000s.
This is a very strong program, but they also have a history of losing in the postseason.
Michigan will play in the Big 12 Championship Game this year, and they will be playing a new quarterback, as Jake Rudock left for the Cleveland Browns.
(6) Ohio State Ohio State is known all over the state and is one football program that is known to be an elite program.
The Buckeyes are one of four schools that will play the Spartans this year in the national championship game.
The Spartans won the 2017 national championship in their home state of Ohio, and are one the teams that are known to have a lot of potential.
The two teams also play in a lot different places in the states borders, with the Buckeyes playing at Spartan Stadium and the Spartans playing at the new home field of Spartan Stadium.
(7) Alabama Crimson Tide (2017): This was one of two undefeated teams in College Football history.
Alabama was the No. 1 team in the nation from 2000-2012, and in 2016, it won the national title with a perfect record.
The Tide also won the American Athletic Conference title in 2017.
The Crimson Tide won the SEC Championship game in 2017, and were one of just two teams to win two consecutive SEC titles.
The team is a favorite to win the national crown in 2018.
(8) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2017) This is another team that has a lot to offer, but also has a history that dates back a long way.
Notre Dame was the last school to win back-to-back national championships.
In 2017, the Fighting Irish lost to Florida in the Orange Bowl, but still had a national ranking of No. 5.
Notre Dames football tradition began in 1922 with the Irish winning the national championships that year, the first to do so in the school’s history.
This Irish team is one that will be looking to win at least one more national title this season, but is a good favorite to do it.
(9) Ohio Buckeyes (2017-2018): This Ohio program is known because it is one-and-done.
Ohio State went 5-6 in the first four seasons of the program.
In 2020, the Buckeye lost to Michigan in the BCS National Championship Game, and lost to Penn State in the Rose Bowl.
In 2021, the team was knocked out of the NCAA tournament by Virginia Tech.
In 2022, Ohio State lost to Georgia in the Peach Bowl, and then lost to Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
The Ohio State football team is the longest-tenured and the only one that has won more than one national championship.
(10) Oklahoma Sooners (2017), Texas Longh